Terms & Conditions
THE IMPORTANT PART
PLEASE READ IN FULL.
When you become a Bow Gifts Client a copy will be issued to you, to sign and return.
These Terms & Conditions will also need to be countersigned by the Accounts Department.
These terms and conditions are in place and apply to all orders. You will be notified of any changes.
The information below, details the requirements for each stage of the ordering process.
When placing your order with Bow Gifts, you and the company you are ordering for/representing, are agreeing to the Business Terms and Conditions laid-out below in full.
BUSINESS TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Following an enquiry, a quote will be issued, if applicable.
- Quotes are valid for 7 days.
- Orders not placed within this time, maybe subject to price changes, change of stock availability and lead-times.
- Bow Gifts provide a maximum of 2 quotes for the same single project.
- Stock levels and availability of any product/s will be checked at time of enquiry.
- Where a product(s) is not available at the time of enquiry, we will provide alternatives for your quote, and also make you aware of when that product(s) will be back in stock.
- If the stock level is low for the product you require we will advise immediate purchase. Manufacturers will hold stock for 24hours only.
Holding stock may be subject to a non-refundable deposit. This deposit cannot be transferred to another order.
- Alcohol is permitted for purchase with Bow Gifts orders for over 18’s only.
- All food and drink products will have a shelf life of 6-months minimum at point of order, unless otherwise specified, or you have knowingly selected a product that has a shorter shelf life.
Please note: it is not the responsibility of Bow Gifts to replace or refund any product that is not utilised by the client or recipient within its shelf life period.
- All food and drink items display their ingredients labels, by law. It is the responsibility of the recipient to read the labels upon receipt of these items. Bow Gifts are not liable or responsible for the end-user checking these labels.
- Items not consumed by the recipient, are not eligible for a refund, return or replacement.
- Information and specifications of each product(s) you require for your order, will be detailed in your quote and also on your invoice, upon sign-off.
GIFT PROJECT PROCESS
- Following your enquiry and upon issuing your quote, you will be provided with lead-times and cut-off dates, in order to achieve your event/deadline.
- These dates are dictated by your event/deadline, and will compromise the project, if they are missed.
- Your Gift Project Plan is carefully put together so you know where you are at, throughout each stage of the process.
CHANGES & CANCELLATIONS
- Changes cannot be made once final sign-off and full approval (of any part of your order) has been given by you, the client. Even if payment has not yet being made.
- Change requests made after final sign-off and approval, will require a new quote, and the process will begin again.
- You will still be liable for full payment of the existing (signed-off/approved) project, as well as new products ordered to satisfy the change request.
- The property of these goods, once paid in full, belong to you the client, and will only then be shipped as agreed.
- Full cancellations, where you no longer wish to proceed with an order, will still be liable for full payment, if cancelled after full sign-off and approval. If the order has not yet processed/begun with the manufacturer, you will otherwise be subject to a 15% cancellation fee of the invoice total + VAT.
- The production lead-time will be detailed in your Gift Project Plan and key dates will be booked and scheduled for this part of the process.
- Production time does not include weekends, and is inclusive of Monday to Friday only, but not including Bank Holidays, or days that the business is closed.
MISSED CUT-OFF DATES IN YOUR GIFT PROJECT PLAN
- All key-dates that are mapped out and planned in your Gift Project Plan, are calculated and done so, based upon your order requirements. Working backwards from your event/deadline date.
- Bow Gifts are not liable if you, the client, miss a key-date.
- Missing a key-date can compromise your entire project.
- Fast-track options are sometimes available, to help bridge the lost time, due to a missed key-date.
- Fast-track charges will apply.
- If the order is forfeited by the client due to a missed key-date, and after sign-off is complete, cancellation terms & conditions apply.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU WHEN YOU ENQUIRE
- Bow Gifts will only accept sign-off on an order for a client, where it is guaranteed to be achieved in the time frame available; from point of enquiry to your event/delivery date.
- Bow Gifts only submit artwork and branding - that has been fully signed off and approved by you, the client.
- Bow Gifts source and manufacture with ethical, trusted and reputable partners, in order to ensure the best in quality and demonstrate integrity across all of our work.
- Bow Gifts are fully insured, and have Public Liability policies in place.
BOW GIFTS PAYMENT & DELIVERY TERMS
FROM THE 1ST OF MARCH 2020 AND UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, ALL PAYMENTS ARE 100% PRO-FORMA ONLY.
CREDIT TERMS ARE NOT BEING OFFERED AT THIS TIME DUE TO THE ONGOING COVID-19 SITUATION.
All Bow Gifts, products and services are made-to-order and are specific to the needs of you, the client. All costs associated with the fulfilment of Bow Gifts products and services and the distribution/delivery of these, are subject to the following terms and conditions.
WHEN CREDIT TERMS ARE AVAILABLE THE FOLLOWING WILL APPLY:
- The first 3 orders are pro-forma only and payable at point of order.
- Subsequent orders, will continue on pro-forma invoice, unless credit terms are contractually agreed.
- Credit is only agreed, upon completion of a successful credit application, made by you, the client.
- Any credit facility provided by Bow Gifts, is underwritten by an external financial provider and are subject to the legal requirements and regulations of the external provider.
- If payment terms are offered and granted to you, the client, you will be provided 14-day or 30-day net terms, from the date of the invoice.
- No greater term above 30-days net is available.
- A credit limit will be issued upon the credit terms being issued.
- If your order invoice total, exceeds your credit limit, payment of the difference is due at point of order.
- Your order is not processed until the difference is received in full. Any delays in making payment will subsequently compromise the entire order. Bow Gifts are not liable for client delays.
- Making an application for credit is not mandatory and you may continue to pay via pro-forma on all orders.
- Orders placed on contractual credit terms, require a PO. Orders not issued with a PO will remain outstanding, and unable to proceed until one is issued.
- Failure to meet the 14-day or 30-day terms, will leave you subject to the consequences and penalties of breaching your contract with the external financial provider.
- You will also be reverted back to pro-forma payments only, for a minimum of 6 months, or indefinitely.
- In addition to the penalties of the external financial credit provider, you will also be liable to Bow Gifts for late payment fees.
- For every business day that the invoice is late, a 1% penalty fee of the invoice total is applied. A maximum of 10% or 10 days will be applied. These penalties are payable by you the client within 30-days of the penalty invoice. You will also be subject to any legal costs incurred to obtain failed and missing payments.
- When paying pro-forma, the date issued on the invoice is calculated and based upon the Gift Project Plan, entirely dictated by the lead-time between your enquiry and event/deadline date.
- The length of time from 'invoice raised' to 'payment required' will also be dictated on the Gift Project Plan. This is also calculated and based upon the lead-time between your enquiry and event/deadline date.
- Any payment delay from key personnel, responsible for processing the invoice, will be to the detriment of their own company, and will compromise the project.
- Bow Gifts are not liable for late-payment and the impact this subsequently has on the order.
- Bow Gifts will not process an order until pro-forma payment is received in full.
- This is why we ask for 2 signatures, from the project manager, and accounts.
- Bow Gifts invoices can be paid via BACS, Internet banking or by card.
- The use of a commercial business card payment is subject to a handling fee only, which is 1.4% of the total invoice value + 20p. American express is higher.
- We do not accept personal cards.
- Bow Gifts do not take payments over the phone. Payments can only be completed electronically, even when paying by card.
- The invoice will only have the option to pay via card if requested. It will otherwise default to a BACS payment.
- All Bow Gifts accounting details can be located on the invoice, or in our Business Information document.
PAYING OUTSIDE YOUR OWN COMPANY TERMS
- Your invoice can be processed as a non-compliant payment. Outside of your usual accountants 'department payment runs.
- Your gift orders are also likely to be sporadic, occasional and not a regular monthly requirement.
- Bow Gifts deliver to all mainland UK addresses, Europe and some worldwide destinations. A list of countries can be found on our FAQ page.
- There are product restrictions and no-go zones worldwide. Bow Gifts will advise.
- Both Domestic & Business addresses are accepted.
- Delivery data must be supplied in the format required and all fields must be completed in full.
- Delivery data must be supplied on an excel spreadsheet and password protected.
- A key-date will be issued for the receipt of all delivery data. Missing this date, will result in a delay - to book and despatch the shipment. Bow Gifts will not be liable for any delays.
- Delivery data must be up to date, and 100% correct for the delivery of your parcel.
- Any incorrect data will result in a transit delay, a return or a failed delivery attempt.
- Once a parcel is signed for and accepted using the delivery data provided, Bow Gifts are not responsible or liable for any changes/collection or uplifting of any parcel(s) And is the sole responsibility of the client to sort.
REQUIRED FIELDS FOR DELIVERY DATA
- Recipient(s) Name
- Company Name & building name (if a business)
- Address line 1 (house number or name)
- Address line 2 (street name)
- Address line 3 (City)
- Contact Telephone Number
DELIVERY DATA WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED IF ANY OF THE FIELDS ARE MISSING.
- Delivery data will always be required at least 14-days before despatch - for European & International shipments, and 7-days before despatch - for UK shipments.
- Delivery charges to mainland UK addresses start at £10 + VAT per unit.
- European and International delivery charges are subject to the address location, shipment size and weight.
- Charges are also incurred for customs, taxes, duties and export to international addresses.
- Addresses outside of mainland territories and boundaries are managed by the external courier, and may be subject to additional costs.
- Estimations for a destination can be provided at point of enquiry. Bow Gifts would require the address in full, in order to provide full and accurate information.
- Once delivery data is submitted and booked, changes cannot be made.
- Changes made after the data is submitted, are only possible if the shipment has not yet been booked. Charges will apply for these changes.
DUE TO THE ONGOING SITUATION WITH COVID-19, AND BREXIT, RULES AND RESTRICTIONS, BOTH POLITICALLY AND ECONOMICALLY ARE CHANGING DAILY.
WE WILL ADVISE ACCORDINGLY
PLEASE ALSO BE AWARE THAT ALL PARCELS CAN BE SUBJECT TO DELAYS, EXTRA PROCESSING, AND EXTENDED CUSTOMS AND EXPORT CHECKS. NEW PAPER WORK CAN BE REQUESTED DURING TRANSIT, AND AT ANYTIME.
BOW GIFTS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THESE DELAYS - OUTSIDE OF THEIR CONTROL, WHICH EXCEED THE STATED TRANSIT LEAD-TIME.
- Deliveries will take place during 8am - 7pm on the day of delivery.
- Pre-10.30am and pre-noon delivery is available for an extra cost per parcel.
- Please state that you require a timed delivery service when placing your order.
COST FOR PARCEL RETURNS AND INCORRECT DELIVERY DATA
- Incorrect delivery data resulting in returned parcels are each charged a minimum of £10 + VAT per parcel, or at the original shipment cost of the parcel, whichever is greater.
- Updating shipment or delivery data whilst in transit, when incorrect delivery data is identified, is charged at £10 per parcel + VAT.
This amount is charged for any single part of the address data that is incorrect or missing.
Please be aware that any parcel that has reached 3 delivery attempts to the provided address (correct or incorrect) or reached the maximum number of days it can be held at a collection point, if the recipient was not present, will be subject to the returns policy and charges for the parcel to come back to the address is was despatched from, will apply.
Parcels re-routed to a new address, whilst in transit are subject to a minimum charge of £10 + VAT per parcel/or at the cost of the original shipment for that parcel, whichever is greater.
Please note that to re-ship a returned parcel, there will be an additional charge, separate to the 1st shipment cost and the cost of the return. You, the client, will have the option to have the parcel re-shipped to any address of your choice. The total cost to re-ship the parcel/s will be subject to the address location provided.
REFUNDS & RETURNS
- If a product(s) have been damaged in transit, Bow Gifts will require evidence of the damage in order to submit a claim with the courier company.
- A claim for a damaged item(s) or product(s), must be submitted and received within 24 hours of the parcel been signed for.
- A replacement or refund will be provided for the damaged item(s) or product(s) if completed within the parameters above, and if Bow Gifts agree that the damage(s) shown/provided is sufficient.
- Bow Gifts will replace or refund the claim, within 30 days of approval.
If a parcel goes missing or does not arrive, a claim will be raised with the delivery company and investigated. Bow Gifts insures and tracks each of its parcels. All data is monitored on the internal systems for the transit of any parcel. In the instance where the parcel is missing or does not arrive, and the delivery details were 100% correct and up to date, either a refund, credit note or replacement - were permitted, will be made available and offered. No further amounts, or associated costs will be covered.
Bow Gifts data and policies are fully compliant with GDPR requirements, introduced on the 25th of May 2018.
All delivery data and client data will not be shared with any other parties and is solely used for the purpose of completing an order as agreed in the sign-off, and in maintaining your account with Bow Gifts.
We advise all delivery data to be emailed to Bow Gifts through a password-protected process, to ensure and increase safe email communications throughout. If you choose not to password protect the sending of data, and the data is compromised, Bow Gifts are not responsible for any subsequent outcomes of this happening. Please know that the data requested and required by Bow Gifts can be reduced to information that is already publicly held, or in the public domain. You will never be asked for sensitive or unrelated information for the purposes of delivery data used to fulfil orders.
UPS will attempt delivery of any parcel/s up to a maximum of 3 times before it is returned, or, the parcel will be drop-shipped to a local collection point if no-one is available when delivery is attempted. The recipient will have a maximum number of days to collect their parcel from a collection point, before the parcel is also returned. When a parcel is returned in any capacity, it is returned to the address from where is was despatched.
Returned parcels are subject to the charges detailed in the section above.
UPS will always leave a calling card at each attempt of delivery and also when the parcel is delivered to a nearby collection point. The recipient is able to use the calling card to re-book delivery for a date that suits them.
Bow Gifts will notify you, the client, when a parcel is reaching its maximum number of days at a collection point, and will also notify you, the client, when 2 delivery attempts have been made.
If, at that point, an outcome is reached with you, the client, and in the time required/allocated to be rectified, this will reduce the risk of a parcel being returned. Please note, the risk is not entirely removed, and the parcel may still be returned, if the new information is not updated/provided in time to the courier.
If the parcel is received within the 3 delivery attempts or collected before the maximum number of days are reached at the collection point, then the parcel will not be returned, and no extra charges will be incurred.
Please be aware that when an outcome is not reached in the allotted time to do so, the parcel is returned, and charges will apply.
CUSTOMS, DUTIES AND EXPORT
Customs, duties and export charges are payable by you the client, when shipping outside of the UK and into territories where applicable.
All deliveries are fully trackable, insured and allocated to a next-day delivery service for mainland UK addresses. Other worldwide destinations each carry their own lead-time, detailed when booking, and agreed in sign-off. Bow Gifts adheres to all product (food and non-food) restrictions and will advise accordingly. Bow Gifts will not knowingly send a parcel inside or outside of the UK that contains restricted or banned products.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
Bow Gifts will only use a delivery system and service, such as UPS that is fully qualified, coherent and legally adhering to all UK and international delivery regulations, and are specialists in the service they provide. Bow Gifts will only use the correct packaging materials to transport any products. The materials will be recyclable and of excellent high quality to protect the products. All parcels leaving the Bow Gifts office address, as found on our website and in our documentation, are now carbon neutral as of February 2020. Deliveries that are despatched from any 1 of our 400+ manufacturers or suppliers are not guaranteed to be carbon neutral. But where this can be achieved, it will be, and where changes can be made to implement this practice it will be sought out by Bow Gifts. Most manufacturers and suppliers are working towards (if not done so already) their own ethical and eco practices alongside reducing their carbon footprint, in order to improve the output to the environment and increase sustainable practices.
If you have any questions regarding Bow Gifts Terms & Conditions, Payment Terms or Delivery Terms, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
The terms and conditions provided by Bow Gifts will require a signed agreement to these by you, the client, when an order is placed.